Monday, 1 November 2010

design process

initial design phase -

setting up excel for strips that are 6.5" x 2.5"

 i started with the idea of a 'railfence' zigzag
and noticed that using the brown fabric in the middle created a shadow effect

then a bit more tweaking and i noticed if i changed the pattern it looked more like weaving

 the final choice was to change from blue to red - which i thought harmonised the colours ( the computer doesnt really reflect the true colours of my fabrics)

joined the strips and cut to 6.5" squares
and joined 10x12 squares
the hardest part was aligning all the points - but i'm pleased with the results

.....still no decision on the back ...just a few ideas kicking about.......