Monday 13 April 2009

Next steps for the colour wheel quilt

Colour wheel nearly finished quilting – I just felt in the mood to quilt and this was waiting to go. I so much prefer my new approach of waiting till I feel like doing something it makes the whole process more enjoyable. I am really pleased with how it turned out – although the sewing in the centre is a little busy. I did think about only quilting every other line to the centre – but then I realised I had left 3 coloured strips so had to go back to the original quilting pattern. I will quilt straight lines round the edges and then I am already thinking of multicoloured strip binding – like I did on this quilt. I think that will really pull out all the colours and still not be too uniform and regimented. Feeling pleased with the results so far…..

 
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: