Sunday, 21 September 2008

bargello decisions

Well I ended up not cutting!!

But I really want to make a bargello top so ….. I made another strippy top! – luckily I had overcut most of the strips for the first top – so I just cut some more and patched the bits I had left and hurray – another top – and I love this one too…but I WILL cut this as I think the bargello design will be even more gorgeous – at least I hope so..


Here are the 2 and I think it shows that the colourways will be fantastic.

Anyway I am in the process of calculating how many strips and how wide for each – I sort of started with a plan but as with most of the things I create its taken a life of its own…..one day I will follow a pattern?

In the meantime I’m going to play - I’ve made this bag - for "stuff" - I’ve put sewing bits and bobs in for now



It's lined with a zip top and I really enjoyed the freedom of simple piecing and embroidery - and using up my stash scraps!

The flower is one of my favourites - maybe I will post how it’s made? Or links to where I found the instructions - in a Japanese site

1 comments:

Brenda said... Reply to comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. Really cute quilt top.